Howdy and welcome! I’m Laurie, the owner of this site. I’m a Canadian currently living in Malaysia with the hubs. With the spousal unit, Fahim, we’ve also lived in Sri Lanka, New Zealand, and Singapore. I’m a redhead by choice, a former accountant, and a hobbyist photographer. I’ve also been called a Kitchen Witch, capitalized because it’s a title.
I write mainly science fiction and fantasy. I’ve worked as a freelance writer for several magazines and an assistant editor for one, but now I’m solely on my own writing and playing in my own universes, universes developed with the help of Fahim. We even share one because we’re weird that way.
And for no good reason at all, I also occasionally write haikus. While living in Sri Lanka, the haikus were usually about the monsoon rains, cows, or other such things.
Want to find me elsewhere on the Internet?
If you want to know more about me, you can visit my sites. And Fahim’s. 🙂
- Peregrinas, my writing blog. Science fiction and fantasy, both short and long. Freelance writing and editing. Blogging and Twitter. Geekery.
- Walking the World, my blog on life in Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and wherever else we might find ourselves. Featuring stories and photos about everything related to where we live. That includes the purple-faced langurs, monitor lizards, geckos, chameleons, rose-ringed parrots, magpie robins, stray cows and cats and dogs, fish sellers on bicycles, and oh so much more. 🙂
- Chilli & Chocolate – my food blog. Because, yes, I’m a foodie, too. 🙂 Featuring wild yeast (sourdough) bread, Sri Lankan cuisine, lots of sweets, chocolate galore, and lots of other experiments. 🙂
- Laurie and Fahim, the love story behind why I moved to Sri Lanka. And you really are advised to sit down when you start reading this.
- Solipsistic Meanderings, blog and site belonging to my husband, Fahim Farook.
- RookSoft Ltd., our business venture. Mobile applications development, including iOS (for iPhones and iPads), Android, and so on.